After research, it has proved that no one has ever played a role any character as long as Mark Hamill has played “Joker” in the Batman series. However, it is not him behind the mask; it’s his voice, which he has not only given to The Joker but many other characters in TV shows, Video games, and Movies.
Shows that are privileged by his voice
Mark Hamill is a phenomenal voice actor in the entire Hollywood film industry. He has done over 100 different voice roles in movies, TV shows, and video games. Some of his best works include Scooby-Doo, The New Woody Woodpecker Show, Avatar: The Last Airbender, SpongeBob SquarePants. He has also given voice to Family Guy, Stuart Little, Call of Duty 2, Ultimate Spider-Man, Robot Chicken, My Friends Tigger & Pooh, Tigger & Pooh, a Musical too, and the list goes on and on.
How Hamill started his voice acting career?
Hamill got into the film industry, voice acting business with a cult classic film – The Wizards. It is was released in the same year as the Star Wars: A New Hope. Hamill played the role of Sean, the leader of the Knights of Stardust in The Wizards. The outlook of the character got a shape that somewhat resembled Hamill.
But playing the character of Joker marked as a turning point in his career. His first role as Joker began in Batman: The Animated Series. The series got awarded with an Emmy award in the year 1992. Also, he had previously played the voice character of Ferris Boyle in the “Heart of Ice” episode of Batman. And he got the role of Joker after Tim Curry stepped down from his part of being the voice of Joker in Batman: The Animated Series.
His popular work:
- After being part of The Batman series, he continuously worked for decades in multiple numbers of shows, movies, and video games. Some of his popular TV shows are The Batman Adventures, Justice League, Robot Chicken, Static Shock, and Birds of Prey.
- He also played the voice actor of Joker in the movies like Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker and Batman: Mask of the Phantasm.
- His best work in video games is Batman: Arkham City, Batman Vengeance, Batman: Arkham Asylum, and The Adventures of Batman & Robin.
- Hamill also gave his voice to multiple amusement park rides and toys to feature the character of Joker.
- Apart from voice acting, Mark Hamill is also a fabulous writer. He has co-written the entire comic book series of The Black Pearl. Hamill has also written many Simpsons comics.
- He also spent his years doing multiple Broadway Shows like The Elephant Man, Harrigan ‘n Hart, Amadeus, and The Nerd. In these shows, he sings and dances along with lending his voice to The Spider wick Chronicles’ audiobooks. He got nominated for the Best Actor in a Musical Drama category for his work as Tony Hart in Harrigan ‘n Hart.
Mark Hamill has worked in this industry for over three to four decades; he would always get recognized for his work as Joker in the Batman Series. However, he will be loved and remember for every voice acting he has ever done in this industry.